Last Minute Info
At-the-door weekend rate is $60. Friday-only passes are available for $30 (Your access to Penguicon events expires at midnight). If you purchase a one day pass on Saturday, it is $40. If you purchase a pass on Sunday, it is reduced to $20.
- Directions via Google – you may park in the parking lot or in the parking structure – the ramp upward is to the right of the main doors.
- 2019 Schedule of Events. You can create your own calendar to import into your app of choice from there. Also, here are the PDF versions of the Schedule Book, Souvenir Book, and Pocket Program schedule sheet).
- Last-minute Schedule Errata – check on Sched at the link or stop at Ops!
- Limited Attendance Events
- ** The Map **
If you have ANY concerns, go to the Ops desk or speak to a ConCom member. You can also call or text them at 424-266-8894. If it’s not an emergency, you can also contact them at @penguiproblems on Twitter. This information is on the back of your badge!
- Please see our policies – Code of Conduct | Accessibility | Photo and Video
- The WiFi password is penguicon.
- There may be last minute rooms available. Email Kanina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you’d like to volunteer, please stop by the Volunteers Desk near Registration. Volunteers get tons of limited-edition swag, a room to crash in with others (depending on hours worked) and the chance to get their badge refunded! Ops, Hospitality, and Registration, in particular, need you! If you have any questions, you can also email email@example.com.
- Penguicon has attendees, guests, and staff of all kinds of gender presentations. We have worked with the hotel to have clearly marked all-gender restrooms available on the second floor, as well as typically designated men’s and women’s restrooms on the first. There are gender neutral designated restrooms at many other conventions and universities – their purpose is to make sure no one can be accosted for being in “the wrong place” when they simply need to go to the bathroom. If someone gives you a hard time and you think you’re in the right place, please talk to us at Ops.
- Maker Market Secure Room hours: Friday – 4pm to 9pm | Saturday – 10am to 9pm | Sunday – 10am to 3pm. Hallway hours are determined by each vendor.
- You will not be charged an additional fee to participate in any events at Penguicon. Unlike last year, our Geeky Burlesque Show cannot accept tips. Our sponsored charity, Arts & Scraps, is accepting cash through the silent auction and directly at their table. We will contact the winners on Saturday night!
Don’t forget to visit our convention-run bookstore, the Writers’ Block, in the front lobby past the check-in desk. You can purchase a book authored by one of our Guests of Honor or any participating author (over 30!) who is currently attending, and you can find out the Reading Room schedule. Except for the GoH books (which we purchase separately), all non-tax proceeds go directly to those community authors!
- Please give us feedback, good or bad, on how we’re doing this year. (Please contact Ops for problems you need resolved during the weekend).