THE WESTIN SOUTHFIELD
This year’s hotel is the Westin in Southfield, MI! Our relationship with the Westin will span 6 years now – we’re proud to bring our community to a great hotel. We do sell out the hotel at some point each year – while there are nearby hotel alternatives, if you’d like a room, we encourage you to reserve it early. You will not be charged at the point of registration, but upon arrival. It is possible to cancel your reservation.
We set a new record this year for the percent of the hotel room block that was reserved by February, so act now! (If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
1500 Town Center
Southfield, Michigan 48075
Phone: (248) 827-4000
(All prices reported on this page are before taxes and hotel fees.)
King or Double bed rooms $130
Junior Suites $219
Hospitality Suites $399 (see below)
Reserving a Hospitality Suite
Please Note! You will not be able to reserve a suite directly. If you are interested in a suite for the weekend:
- Reserve a non-suite room with a King bed.
- Fill out the hotel room special requests form for the hotel liaison and select “Jr. Suite”. The liaison will then make sure your reservation changes from a non-suite room with a King bed, to a Suite.
If you would like to make a request for your room, please:
- Book your room and get your confirmation number
- Fill out the hotel room special requests form. The liaison will then make sure your reservation is complete.
If you make a request through the hotel, there is no guarantee that it will be honored. You must send requests to the Hotel Liaison.
Host a Room Party
If you are interested in hosting an amazing room party this year at Penguicon, you might wish to check the following steps off of your list:
- Reserve a room and get your confirmation number
- Fill out the special requests form for the hotel liaison to let them know you are throwing a party and need to be on the right floor! Note that bed removal and appliances through the hotel have additional fees.
Each of the guest rooms has a dual-line telephone with voice mail and data port, and a 32″ LCD TV.
The Westin is 100% non-smoking. They have a workout room, a pool, whirlpool, and have dog beds available. We would recommend only service animals be brought to the convention.
The Westin offers 15 PURE® Allergy Friendly Rooms designed specifically for guests with allergies or asthma. Surfaces are specially treated and air is continually circulated and purified, “drastically reducing irritants that could keep you from resting comfortably.”
The hotel has a limited number of refrigerators (priority to those with medical needs), microwaves, and roll-away beds available. If you are interested in any of these items, please note that the refrigerators and microwaves are $15 each per night, and the roll-away bed is $30 per night. Roll-away beds will only be placed by the hotel in King rooms.
The hotel’s dining options are the Level 1 Lounge and Tango’s Restaurant.
Other meal options near the Westin include the Original Pancake House, CK Mediterranean Grille, Subway, Qdoba, China Gourmet, Chipotle, Kerby’s Koney Island, Benito’s, and T.G.I. Friday’s.